This professional development module on Disabilities looks at:
- Definitions associated with disability
- Models of disability
- Types of disabilities, rehabilitation strategies and impacts within the workplace:
- Congenital disorders
- Chronic illness and disease
- Traumatic injuries
- Chronic pain
- Mental health issues
- Substance abuse
- Traumatic brain injuries
- The Medical Rehabilitation Process
- Multidisciplinary Resources
- Rights and policies regarding disabilities.
You will receive an in depth look at disabilities that you frequently encounter in your clients and disabilities that are less observed. The focus is on identifying accommodations that will help your client to enter, stay in or return to work.
VRA Canada Approved CEU ID: 22613 - 3.75 CEUs