This professional development module on the foundation of Vocational Evaluation addresses questions like:
- What makes a field of practice a profession?
- What is the history of Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment?
- Who has positively impacted the profession?
- What is the Scope of Practice for Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment?
- What are the field’s Standards of Practice and why are Standards important?
- Who refers for Assessment services and why?
- What is the purpose of Assessment?
- What are the levels and stages of Assessment?
- What are the various specialized Assessments available in Canada.
When you complete this module, you will have a good understanding of professional practice and an appreciation for the role of Vocational Evaluators and Work Adjustment Specialists. You will be well positioned to study other modules in the field.